Grant still loves photography after 22 years as a professional doing editorial marketing and people photography. He credits his success to understanding his clients needs and his professional approach delivers exactly what his clients. “Our portrait / wedding customers are encouraged to inject their own personalities into their shoots, as this connection is very important to me. Without it, people / couples can run the risk of not looking their best or natural selves. At a wedding, you walk into a scenario where there are emotions; fear, excitement, and beauty, and I build on that. Ultimately it isn’t just about photographing people, it is our interaction with them and how we take care of them, that we can capture this and deliver that emotion”.
Grant is known as a humble man with a cheeky sense of humour. Even though his reputation has earned him notable contributions in the field of photography including several awards from the Photography International Magazine in landscape and wedding photography. Extensive work both written and photographic has also been showcased in many Mountain bike magazines, outdoor catalogues throughout NZ and abroad.
Teamed with his wife Inge, they bring an artistic approach delivering a variety of photography styles, and conceptual shots, to which people respond. "Clients are often pleasantly surprised when they see the candid photo-journalism style shots in their collection". Ultimately, what it comes down to for Grant, is seeing the looks on their faces when they see the final product.
"My clients feel the same way, so I make sure you feel relaxed and allow you to be yourself, and working with them to exceed their photographic needs is my motivation. While commercial photography may be my main stay, I love the creativity of shooting wedding, portrait and sport (mostly mountain biking)".
What makes Stirling Images unique, is our professional photography studio. It spans 6mtr x 10mtr with a ceiling mounted lighting system and a pure white infinity rear wall.
The entire space can be converted to black in minutes.
Our still-life table is permanently set up for shooting small to medium products. As is our adjoining changing/bathroom room. The spacious office is modern and air-conditioned with adjoining gallery showcasing recent works. "I feel blessed, having the support of Inge, who follows up, covers photo-finishing and adds definite value to the Stirling Images experience".
After many years travelling around the world, Grant returned to his home town of Nelson, New Zealand. Today he lives with his wife Inge and 8 year old stepson Luca. "When I am not shooting, I love home and family life mixed with plenty of outdoor adventure. Mountain biking, camping, tramping in New Zealand’s beautiful outdoors. I enjoy cycling road race, sea swimming, sea kayaking, and paddle boarding".
* Mike Allen / Allen Plumbing reviewed Stirling Images Photography - "We have worked with Grant on various projects over the last 10yrs. We can always rely on Grant to come up with creative ideas for our website and yellow pages photos and his level of service and professionalism is beyond
* Cherryl / Dodson Valley Rd (Private vendor / Property Photography) reviewed Stirling Images Photography, for the SECOND time - "My house was sold at well above my asking price! Your pix were a wonderful marketing tool and stimulated amendments to the wording of the ad. When people viewed the place, they said it was exactly as they'd imagined from the photos. And that's just what I wanted - I did not want false advertising, as I am often disappointed when I eventually view a property. I'm so happy that you were able to capture (and enhance) the essence of this house and what I have been trying to achieve on this property. Many thanks, Cheryll"
* Amaryllis & Ben Jackson-Lee (Wedding Photography) reviewed Stirling Images Photography - Dearest Inge and Grant Stirling,
Both Ben and I would like to thank you both for being a part of such an amazing day, what you have captured of our wedding with so much sensitivity, fun and light we will treasure for all of our lives, it's so precious having these moments captured so stunningly to share with friends and family.
We both love the style of your photography and how you captured all those small intimate moments between one another and the fun of our day in a natural way without pretense.
I would also like to say how much I appreciated the way you both photographed the girls and I getting ready, we felt so relaxed and loved the way you both intuitively just knew when to give space or come close.
Both the colour and Black and white photos are amazing, we are absolutely blown away and so very grateful so thank you both so much, sending much love until we meet up again
Warmly, Amaryllis and Ben Jackson Lee
* Jeremy Mathews / Profile Head Shots & Property Shoots (Bayleys Real Estate) reviewed Stirling Images Photography - "Thank you Grant, these are both lovely AND very appealing. Yeah! I like the laughing ones too and guess what …. we’re going to use them! Thank you so much Grant. As always, you’re a pleasure to work with. All the best, Jeremy"
* Cherryl McMorran / Dodson Valley Road (Private Vendor, Property Photography) reviewed Stirling Image Photography - "Just want to tell you what great feedback I've had about the photos. People have commented that you really captured the essence of what I've been trying to do here and made it look wonderful. I was worried that people would be disappointed when they saw the house in person, that it was not really as light, spacious and airy as it appeared in the photos, but at the open homes this weekend, it felt just like that again, glorious days, lots of happy buzz with people all over the property. Whatever the selling outcome, thanks so much for the great marketing tools and for the photos!" Cherryl
* Maggie Holgate (Private Vendor, referred by Caroline Fletcher - Harcourts Nelson) reviewed Stirling Images Photography - "Once again, lovely meeting you. Caroline Fletcher showed us your photos very quickly and we nearly fell off the sofa with swooning! They’re beautiful, wonderfully composed. When you have a moment please could you forward them to us so we can can spend more time enjoying them? You will probably hear our intakes of breath! Big thanks again. Your photography is superb, thank heavens we chose you!" Maggie and Jacquie
* Chanelle Du Rand (Conference & Events Sales Manager) / Rather Hotel Nelson reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Conference, interior / exterior, suites / rooms, Restaurants photography) - “Grant is an outstanding photographer. We have had positive feedback on all the photo’s he has taken for us at the Rutherford Hotel Nelson – A Heritage Hotel. His photos are beyond expectation. We would not hesitate to recommend Grant to anyone looking for a photographer, as he will deliver fantastic images and I would highly recommend him.
We are really pleased with Grant’s professional and friendly manner, he is really pleasant and engaged with all our staff and client’s really well. We always receive our photos a few days later, they are smart, extremely high quality and captured the memories and dynamics of our function perfectly.” With regards, Chanelle Du Rand
* Grant Osmond / The Fresh Fruit Co. of NZ reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Apples, Orchard & Factory Shoots and Videos) - "As an exporter of fresh produce it’s important to have the right photos for the marketing information we send to customers. Over the past 3-4 years Stirling Images has helped us to promote our premium apple varieties with fresh and vibrant photos that show off that professional flare that we just can’t replicate ourselves. Additionally Grant has used video, drones and some “outside the box “ techniques to capture the essence of how we manage and handle fruit both on-orchard and through our packing facility in Nelson. Grant has been easy to work with and the end results speak for themselves. They have been used in promotional material in international retail outlet stores around the globe which we feel has been paramount in achieving some of the successes we are now seeing. Thanks Grant. See you next season".
* Pauline Jones / Pitt & Moore Lawyers reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Staff Portrait Photos & Calendar Shoot since 2012) - ‘ Grant has assisted Pitt & Moore over the last few years providing commercial portrait photography and beautiful NZ images for our corporate calendar. Working with Grant is always a pleasure. He is always very personable , professional and his work is always of a high standard’.
* Kim Biggs (Stoke Rugby Club) reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Team Portrait Shoots since 2002) - "We have worked with Grant and Stirling Images a number of times over the years and every time it is a pleasure. Grant is very professional but has a friendly, courteous manner which relaxes everyone and shows in his photos. We would highly recommend Grant to other Clubs for their sports photos"!
* Danielle Hennessy reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Commercial / Restaurant & Food Shoot) – "Awesome photo shoot at Flavor's Of Cairo, thanks for capturing our food and our shop in such a great way Grant , the photos look excellent and were ready to be used within days of the shoot".
* Mwilu Masaka Muzandu reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Pregnancy Shoot) - "Had a photo shoot at 37weeks pregnant.at first I was reluctant but grant and his lovely wife made me comfortable with the support of my husband...the photos are awesome and professionally captured I definitely recommend Stirling images... Thanks Grant"
* Miranda Wright reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Kids / Family Portrait Shoot) -'Thank you to the amazing Inge, for the lovely snaps of my babies over the weekend. I love them! I liked the creativity you incorporated in the photos and the way you have edited the photos. It was a great shoot .. thank you so much!'
* Tania Brunell reviewed Stirling Images Photography (Portrait Shoot) - "Grant (who was very ably assisted by Inge) recently took some family photos for me - as a result of a competition I won for a sitting and some images. Both Grant and Inge made us feel so at ease and I think the result of this shows through in the images we received. A very precious collectionof photos of our 4 generations and various family group shots. Thank you so much for these fantastic photos - I can thoroughly recommend Grant and Inge for beautiful family photos".
* Kathryn Marshall reviewed Stirling Images Photography (80th Birthday Shoot) - "Grant Stirling, Stirling Images, was invited to join us in celebrating Seddon Marshall's 80th birthday at Melrose House as our photographer. We were all very pleased with the photos Grant took. Everyone was relaxed and happy and Grant was easily able to capture this well, in his photos. Grant has a lovely, relaxed manner and he is talented with his photography. Everything through the entire process of working with Stirling Images was an easy and pleasant process. We will book Stirling Images again for future events. Thank you".
* Andrew Simpson at Stirling Images Photography (Engagement Shoot) - "What a night and what a photo shoot! Thanks Grant for an awesome shoot. Anyone want some amazing photos hit grant up. You won't be disappointed".
* Inge Schepers reviewed Stirling Images Photography 5 star (Nude Portrait Shoot) - "Grant took some (nude) portrait photos of me, on location at Wharariki Beach ... and I can honestly say I have NEVER had such beautiful, BEAUTIFUL photos taken of me. It wasn't just the photos itself .. it was also the confidence that got boosted in me. You managed to make me feel very relaxed and at ease, considering this is something I would normally never have done. VERY talented, very creative ... Grant THANK YOU so much for all those photos & for making me feel more confident about myself.."